Run, Walk, Jog or Skip! Come out and join us at recess and/or after school!
The Deer Dashers Club is designed to help increase participants’ physical fitness and endurance in hopes of completing (not necessarily running) the Deer Dash 5K Run/Walk on May 16th.
You do not have to participate in the Deer Dash to join the club.
The club will run from March 14 to May 20 during recess on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays and after school on Tuesdays and Thursdays.
Students can choose to participate at recess, after school or both.
- During recess, we walk, jog, and/or run short laps around a designated area.
- Participation is voluntary and a sign-up form is not required. Students can come at any time as frequently or infrequently as they’d like.
- Please have your child wear appropriate shoes.
After School: CLICK HERE FOR PRINTABLE AFTER SCHOOL FORMS
- The Club will run from 4:20(ish) to 5:30PM.
- Parents are responsible for transporting their child/ren to school at 4:20, checking them in with a parent volunteer, and then checking them out at 5:30.
- The after school sessions will be more structured and will involve longer laps; based on volunteer availability and with signed permission from their parents, 3rd through 5th graders may have the option to run the course.
- A signed permission form, waiver and procedure form are required for any student who would like to participate in the after school portion of the Club.
Students can earn small charms for their achievements along the way; those who achieve certain milestones will also receive a special charm. All students that participate in a minimum of 10* Club sessions (recess and after school) will receive also a special charm and be eligible to receive special recognition upon completion of the Deer Dash. Students are also able to earn a special incentives for the Deer Dash assembly on May 16th.
*# of sessions may vary due to session cancellations; students and families will be notified of such changes.
WE NEED ADULT VOLUNTEERS. We are looking for some helpers that can walk and run with the kids, and some that can help with simple tasks. If you are able to lend a hand either at recess or after school, even for only one session, please contact us. You must be volunteer trained to help with any PTA-sponsored event.