On race day this year, we will be collecting donations to support Blessings in a Backpack. The Frederick, MD chapter of Blessings in a Backpack provides weekend and summer backpacks of supplemental nutrition to over 950 children in 7 local schools: Orchard Grove, Parkway, Monocacy, Glade, and Walkersville Elementary Schools. Adequate nutrition over the weekend and during school breaks helps children return to school ready to participate and learn.
Blessings in a Backpack can only accept food that is on their approved list*.
- Chicken Rice-a-Roni Cups
- 7.25 oz box mac and cheese box (no microwave cups)
- 15 oz can Chef Boyardee Ravioli (no microwave cups)
- Cans of tuna fish (no packs or boxes)
- Single serve instant oatmeal packets
- Old Fashioned Chicken Noodle Soup (regular size can)
- 2 bar/pack Oats and Honey granola bar (no peanut bars)
- Individual cups of fruit, applesauce, or pudding (no squeeze packs)
- Canned corn, red kidney beans, or black beans
- Ramen noodle cello packs (no microwave cups)
In addition to food donations we’ll be collecting cash donations and checks made to Blessings in a Backpack. All donations collected will go directly to the Frederick, MD chapter of Blessings in a Backpack to help kids in our community.
For more information on the Deer Dash Blessings in a Backpack Donation drive please contact Michelle Turner at mlt936 at gmail dot com. For more information on Blessings in a Backpack, Frederick MD please connect with them on their Facebook page.
*Any food donations collected at the event not on the Blessings in a Backpack approved food list will be donated to a local food bank.